A unique fashion design competition
Entries are now Closed.
Fashion students worldwide can enter #YourView15 fashion competition. It is easily done, requires little extra work and provides great exposure to young fashion creatives.
All you have to do is to tweet or post on Instagram, a maximum of three images you have created for a project on your course. This project must be creative and fashion related. Fashion illustration, fashion photography, apparel and textile design projects are obvious contenders. Add to the image: your name, age, city and “enters #Modeconnect #YourView15 #Contest”. This is enough for you to be selected as a finalist and feature on Modeconnect.
This year again, Bloomsbury Publishing sponsors YourView fashion competition and offer great books to the competition three winners. In addition they will receive vouchers to spend on Modeconnect short fashion courses, representing a total of £1000 in prizes.
The 1st prize is a complete set of the Bloomsbury Basics Fashion Design series (12 books) plus a Modeconnect voucher for £350. The 2nd prize is a voucher for £100 to spend on Bloomsbury’s website plus a Modeconnect voucher for £150, The 3rd prize is a Bloomsbury’s fashion design book of choice (excluding the encyclopaedia sets) plus a Modeconnect voucher for £100.
The credit for the competition image belongs to Lucilla Gray.
How the competition will be run
Each of #YourView2015 three stages provides students with a unique opportunity.
1 – Modeconnect will re-post on Twitter or Instagram the images submitted. The idea is to offer fashion students worldwide the opportunity to connect with their peers, to exchange and possibly start collaborations. It is an easy way to gain exposure.
2 – The second stage will see candidate selected for the quality of the images submitted, be interviewed to be featured on Modeconnect. These will be the finalists of our competition.
3 – Finally, between
July 4th and July 10th July 11th and July 19th, a popular vote amongst those finalists, will determine the winners.
Deadline for submission is June 29, 2015. The earliest you enter the most likely you are to become a finalist. The competition is free of charge and open to further and higher education fashion students worldwide studying any of the following subjects: Design, Apparel, Communication, Promotion, Branding, Styling, Textiles, Accessories or Photography.
If you do not make is as a finalist, you can submit other work you think Modeconnect should feature via our Submission Form.
YourView 2015 Competition Terms and Conditions
- Modeconnect will only repost on Twitter and Instagram suitable images which answer the competition criteria.
- Deadline for submission is June 29, 2015.
- Candidates will be considered finalists only when their interview has been published.
- Modeconnect reserves the right to withdraw or amend YourView 2015 competition and its rules in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its control or if at its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary.
- Modeconnect and Bloomsbury Publishing will not be liable for any claims or complaints in respect to the Prizes or to the Entries. In particular Modeconnect and Bloomsbury Publishing will not be liable for any expenses incurred by the candidates.
- Vouchers to be used on Modeconnect will only be valid for courses effectively run. Prizes will not be substituted for cash, whatever the circumstance.