The Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator supports innovative, ethical, young designers
“We are a community that supports and forges ambitious, bold visions, and that empowers people to stretch and be brave.” The Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator
Fashion education provides designers with technical skills to create their visions, but often neglects teaching vital business and management skills necessary to survive in the fashion industry. Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator (BF+DA) has a simple goal: to support innovative new designers with a passion for ethically and environmentally sound production by providing the training and resources to be successful.
The Venture Fellow program aims to mentor enthusiastic and resilient New York based fashion designers, product designers and technologists who have been in the business for one to two years, and are keen to learn to expand their business and markets. A passion for sustainability in technology and fashion is a must.
The BF+DA Venture Fellow program includes:
- Individual mentorship and intensive business development
- Designated studio space at BF+DA headquarters in the Pfizer building on Flushing Avenue, Brooklyn.
- A rich community of entrepreneurs and researchers in fashion and product design
- 10% discount on in-house production
- 15% discount on in-house digital fabrications, which includes the use of computerized knitting machines, laser cutters and 3D printers
- 50-75% discount to workshops and events
Applications deadlines are on a rolling basis, check for the next deadline on the BF+DA website.